Soulmates

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 50; the fiftieth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with ​Soulmates: Love without ownership by Vinit K Bansal. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

Soulmates

They say that couples are made in heaven. But they forget that they are united in this world only if circumstances favors them. True soulmates are either those who come victorious from the test of time or those who succumbs to it. This poem is a story of one such couple.




"Your love makes my life complete
In next life ,this cycle I want to repeat.
It feels good....satisfying and great.
that you are my soulmate. "

Every time he read her these words, all his wounds were stirred. He always thought why that girl his wife with whom he promised to spend his life betrayed his trust and earned his disgust.

"When I walked down memory lane,
We were happy.I didn't see any pain,
Our love was above loss and gain,
but to our relation you only gave disdain."

Almost five years have passed to their divorce but still to remember her was his daily course. Telephone ring brought him out of trance, " Come soon! Meet her! Perhaps you don't get another chance." His father called him for his mother's critical condition her last wish was to meet him for some confession. He packed his bags and took the next flight, she would sure to recover if he would be near her sight. 

"Aarav! Apple of my eye,
I know I am going to die.
But there is a burden on my soul,
restricting my spirit's free stroll.

Rosy was not guilty as you thought,
I framed her. It was my plot.
I was responsible for your cry,
forgive me my son." She sigh.

"Forgive you? I didn't listen her clarification. Forgive you? You charged her for illicit relation. Forgive you? You ruined my life. Forgive you? You killed me without a knife." He ran madly out of the room to find Rosy whom he left in gloom. He abused her and cursed her for bad luck. " I hope with misfortunes you always stuck." She said nothing and went away. She was alone but never came in his way. 

He searched where she worked,he searched where she stayed. "She died that day you were divorced," someone told him the place she was laid. She couldn't bear the hatred of one she loved so much, the one who put her life in the cruel world's clutch. 

He silently sat near her grave,
Regretted for what to her he gave,
" I am guilty, wake up and punish,
my grief only your forgiveness can finish."

His guilt stopped his heart rate,
Separated in togetherness was their fate,
Wrote their names in list of Love's greats,
In another world they truly would be soulmates.


The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Participation Count: 15

Comments

  1. Awesome read !!! Very nice :)

    All the best for BAT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far whatever entries I have read. I liked your's the most. :)
    It kind of got me into it!
    I loved your poetry in between...as well.
    All the best for BAT50. :-)

    Regards,
    Megha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written! Wish U d best for Blog-a-ton 50!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodluck for BAT. Nicely written and expressed poem to the theme.

    Not just one but I wrote 3entries this time...you can go through my entries too

    1. http://thewhitescape.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/umang/
    2. http://thewhitescape.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/the-empty-me/
    3. http://thewhitescape.wordpress.com/2015/01/04/her-touch/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cifar Shayar,

    This is a harsh reality of so many couples. Families have left no stone unturned to ensure that the lovers part ways irrespective of the fact that they are married to each other. That is when the couple should stand up for each other and not believe the world blindly. Tragic story but beautifully written.

    All the best for BAT!

    Regards,
    Khushboo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, reality throws some circumstances that are sometimes hard to jump over, even for soulmates. I liked the story, Cifar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the way you expressed the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liked the story-poem combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have nominated you for the very inspiring blog award, hope you accept it, you can view your nomination here https://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=428262

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope I word it right... When you marry a certain someone... You're promising them your trust loyalty and your word to keep them safe... Not to make them your maid, a substitute for your mother or just a woman to bare your child... You marry her so that your walk to your grave, as time advances wouldn't seem so lonely...

    Nice story... The stanzas in between ur paragraphs were a tad bit off putting... Your narration was great though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, i liked the way you penned down small stanzas in between. It added a unique essence to the write up. Loved reading it. ATB for BAT (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was really a heart-wrenching story. Loved the way that you had involved both prose and poetry in the story. Very well presented. A wonderful read. All the best, Cifar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. NIce...Parents can be so blinded sometimes.. novel way to put the story..prose + poetry...very nice..
    All the best for BATOM :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i liked the way you weaved your story...the emotions are so well brought out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was almost like I was reading a play. Your narration has song like feeling. amazing write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alas! they couldn't reunite in this word, but often this is what happens. I liked the simple story, but what I really liked was the way you wrote it, in a lovely rhyme.
    Great! :D
    all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was an amazing and touching piece of writing, Cifar.
    I'm your fan ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cifar, I am a great fan of story-poem combination. Thanks for writing this. Congratulations on the win! Keep participating in Blog-a-Ton!

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was cute as well as sad...
    Many times we take up decisions without knowing the truth and then regret later

    ReplyDelete
  20. You brought tears to my eyes. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that my composition touched your heart so much that it brought tear in your eyes, I would take it as a compliment

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raksha Bandhan - Jiski Bahan Nahin Hoti.

Na Muhn Chupa Ke Jiye Hum Na Sar Jhuka Ke Jiye

The Seven Stages Of Love